Vault of Archavon Raid Boss Fight and Strategy Video
The Vault of Archavon is a short entry level raid instance with one boss (Archavon the Stone Watcher) in it. Archavon the Stone Watcher drops a mix of PvP and PvE tier 7 items. This post has a video showing the Vault of Archavon boss fights and strategy followed by a list of things to remember for the raid encounters.
The trash mobs and the boss have the same ability in normal (10 man) and heroic (25 man) difficulty. The boss mainly has more health and does more damage in the heroic difficulty.
Archavon the Stone Watcher 10 and 25 Man Strategy Video
Strategy and things to remember during the fights in Vault of Archavon
Vault of Archavon is a very easy and short raid instance but I have been in a few pugs where players had no idea what they were doing and it turned out to be a wipe fest. So read the following section carefully and keep it in your mind during the fights and your group should be able to clear the raid instance very easily and quickly.
The Vault of Archavon raid instance has a few Archavon Warder trash pulls and then the main boss (Archavon the Stone Watcher).
Archavon Warder (Trash Pulls)
- The offtank needs to taunt the Warder and take aggro from the main tank immediately when a Warder Shield Crushes (the affected player takes 300% physical damage) the main tank. Otherwise your group will end up with a dead tank (most likely).
- Immediately move away from the Rock Shower (shower of rocks and debris that causes damage per seccond) affected area.
- Keep your distance when the Warder whirls (Causes 15k in normal or 25k in heroic, damage to nearby players) around.
Archavon the Stone Watcher (The main and only boss)
- The Raid group needs to kill Archavon within 5 minutes or he will enrage and wipe the raid so dps as hard as you can.
- Keep an eye on the threat meter and make sure that you don’t pass the tanks in threat.
- Get out of Choking Cloud right away… the Cloud deals a lot of damage.
- Its better to stand still if you are targeted by Rock Shards. If someone near you is targeted by Rock Shards, move away from them. This will limit the Rock Shards damage to one person at a time.
If everyone in the raid group can keep these simple set of things in their minds and maintain the dps then you can clear this raid instance in less than 20 minutes without any wipes.
To find out the minimum gear/stat requirements for the Vault of Archavon raid read the VoA minimum gear/stat requirements.